The Take 5 is one thing particular – all of the goodness of the Sequential vary in a single balanced, inexpensive, compact package deal. And now the polysynth for the remainder of us provides a ton of sounds and sound options, like envelope repeat, LFO slew, tuning selections, Lo-Fi impact, and extra in a free replace.
There’s loads on this OS launch, incomes that 2.0 moniker:
- 128 new presets
- 8 new sound financial institution places for a complete of 512 reminiscence slots
- Envelope Repeat for each envelopes (so you can also make rhythmic and evolving sounds)
- LFO slew for each LFO 1 and a pair of
- Lo-Fi Impact (wow, flutter, playback head azimuth, tape drive in a single impact)
- Oscillator 2 filter bypass
- Scale – 65 preset options for tuning
- Route modulations to Classic Amt (okay so between this and Lo-Fi, you will get very gauzy and shoegaze-y)
- Foot pedal management of the sequencer
It’s all some nice stuff, and exhibits Sequential’s ongoing dedication to their terrific devices.
If you happen to purchase one thing from a retail hyperlink, CDM might earn a fee.
My solely gripe right here is that it seems they didn’t implement full tuning assist as on another Sequential devices (OB-6 and Prophet-6); you will have solely a collection of mounted tuning presets. There are a couple of of them, although, with descriptions within the guide – these presets are downloadable as SysEx together with the brand new manufacturing facility banks. See right here:
New options are within the addendum:
However the various tunings are detailed within the guide itself:
And it’s a first rate choice, with varied tunings from Wendy Carlos’ gamma to 1 Javanese/Balinese slendro tuning, plus – that is the essential half – exact notes about every tuning’s supply (with footnotes, principally). See Appendix F of the guide.